Foorumi Avalehele

Jäta vahele kuni sisuni

I'm quitting "Life: The online RPG"

Lõõgastumiseks koguneb rahvas kõrtsi ja arutab ilmaasju... Vestlusfoorum omavaheliseks suhtlemiseks.

Moderaatorid: surra, mart, Teemon, Irve, Priist, Kõrtsmik

Kasutaja avatar

I'm quitting "Life: The online RPG"

PostitusPostitas GrimReaper 17:17 27. Aug 2005

Dear God and other staff.

I have been an avid player in Life: The online RPG™ for some time now, recently reaching level 23. But over time, the many bugs, poor design, and flat out cheating by other players has driven me to leave this game. Time and time again we have been promised patches, fixes, changes to the unbalanced gameplay, but over the period of nearly 200 expansion packs, some of the most basic flaws are yet to be fixed.

PK’ing – No contested areas?
Although I have not been a victim to this yet, the blatant killing that goes on around the servers is getting out of control. Perhaps the worst of this is the incident you are no doubt aware of, is before I started playing. It was when the Iron Age expansion pack was released, the clan ‘Rome’ recruited nearly the entire server, wiping out too many accounts to be counted. The blatant killing and looting of characters is way too easy, and with most characters having a fixed armour class of 0, it’s possible to die from a level 1 mosquito, even if you are level 70! I doubt this is the heroic death many had in mind when they paid the subscription fee. Of course we are promised upon death that we will be transferred to a new server which is essentially a sandbox mode, but this is not enough. We can’t even take any of our items or money with us! This brings me to my next point

Hardcore mode should be optional
It has always been known that all characters in Life™ can only die once, which has been the cause for more problems that the staff care to admit. We spend a long time building up out characters, and then some idiot comes along with a gun he purchased and kills someone’s character outright. The staff have always claimed this is how the game was designed from the beginning, but it has been rumoured that the first two characters on the server made it to level 600 without dying. Then one of the staff (God I think) suddenly banned their accounts, and out of nowhere, hardcore mode is enabled.

Lack of races
Ever since the start of Life™, we have been stuck with one race to choose from: Human. We have had 200 expansion packs, seen billions of NPC animals introduced, and we still only get one choice: lame ass human. It was hoped back in version 200.1947 that the possible introduction of aliens may be a new race for us to play, but I should have expected the staff to screw us over. Once again the staff back flipped, and claimed they never added aliens to the game, ever, despite testimonies from those at the scene, and irrefutable evidence that I assume exists somwhere.

Unbalanced classes
When I started playing, I was shocked to find that upon first logging in I was expected to choose my character class. Having no idea of how the game worked yet, I had no idea what job I wanted to do, so I chose the default: Shit Kicker. Now I find out this is the worst class to choose (yet not surprisingly the most popular), and get yelled at by everyone I meet. I get bog standard skills like ‘Fix sink’, ‘replace tap’ and ‘beat wife’, while other characters who are playing classes such as military leader get access to thousands of minigames (like the newly added content ‘Battlefields 2005’), they get to wage war against other server shards, all because they chose that class at the start. This is totally unfair, and we should at least be given a readme file to read in the 9 months it takes the game to load.

Hackers
Ever since that bullshit ‘Parting of The Red Sea’ hack that Moses used, many players have been complaining about the use of staff allowed hacks. It would seem that unless you use the hack in favour of the staff, you get banned. Example: The time some players decided to change their models to look like demons. According to their blog, one of the admins came down onto the server and banned them on the spot! Oh, and what about other such wonderful hacks like the player ‘Hercules’ was using. The staff said this was a special ability that he unlocked at a certain level, but everyone knows it was just a blatant trainer running in the background. Unless the staff stop all hacks or figure out a fair system, I can’t see any reason to stay.

Despite token efforts on part of some of the staff, such as releasing the 10 terms of agreement which made things like PK’ing and looting a bannable offence, very little has changed. I for one call for a full server reset. The staff have done it once before, and I say we need it again. Until that stage, I am closing my account.

boolean
Level 23 human.
I don't want to start, Any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's Got a sick sense of humour
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing
GrimReaper
Meister

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas tribulant 17:59 27. Aug 2005

And here it comes again...
tribulant
Nati Kõvem Võlur

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas The_Royal 23:37 27. Aug 2005

Nõme on see et elu on võrreldud mingi arvutimänguga.
Ja on suudetud kõik mis siin kohas veel püha on, veega universumi potist
alla lasta
Aguuu... ütles armas tita ja hammustas porgandist suure tüki
The_Royal
Valguse kaitsja

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas Die 0:30 28. Aug 2005

Muhe iroonia pigem, ma ütleks. Pühaduserüvetamine? No ma ei tea, elu oleks ikka väga pikk ja igav, kui selle üle natike nalja heita ka ei saaks :P
Kui oled kaelani sitas, ära pead longu lase (Saksa vanasõna)
Die
Lohede õpilane

PostitusPostitas umbleja 1:08 28. Aug 2005

Die kirjutas:elu oleks ikka väga pikk ja igav, kui selle üle natike nalja heita ka ei saaks :P

Minu arvates ka.
Armu teile ja rahu Jumalalt, meie Isalt, ja Issandalt Jeesuselt Kristuselt!
umbleja
Õpipoiss

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas Raif The Mad 2:02 28. Aug 2005

I don't get it either. I've been expecting galactic invasion, or at least nuclear war expansion pack for half my playing time, when the hell is it going to arrive. I should close theat damn account as well.

Those cheap bastars :1:
It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms
Just the place to hopelessly
Encounter time and then came me
-B.O.C. Astronomy
Raif The Mad
Haldjate õpilane

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas looom 2:07 28. Aug 2005

elu on mõtetu kraam, aga hea graafikaga teine... :lol:
Dont forget kids, the bigger your postcount, the bigger your penis is!
looom
Manatark

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas The_Royal 10:53 28. Aug 2005

:D suutsite ka mind ümber veenda, kuigi see asi oli ikkagi natike kahtlane
Aguuu... ütles armas tita ja hammustas porgandist suure tüki
The_Royal
Valguse kaitsja

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas tribulant 18:10 28. Aug 2005

Kas siin kuskil on miski pyha?
Ma ei teadnudki.

Aga jah, suisa hämmastav, kui kirevaks võib elu minna, kui yhtki foorumiarheoloogi käepärast pole. Ajalugu kordub, jajaa... nyyd võiks keegi veel preestrist, paladiinist ja, hrmh, kes see kolmas mees oli? anekdooti rääkida...
tribulant
Nati Kõvem Võlur

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas ohpuu 18:34 29. Aug 2005

see teema, millele vihjasid, on siin: "Maailm kui RPG või arvutimäng"

aga seda anekdooti tahaks kyll kuulda ;)
ohpuu
Saladuste kaitsja

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas tribulant 20:44 29. Aug 2005

Räägi ise, mina enam ei viitsi.
tribulant
Nati Kõvem Võlur

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas Darius 16:11 1. Sept 2005

elu on mõtetu kraam, aga hea graafikaga teine... :lol:

see on tõesti tõsi;)

aga jh, rääkige ikka sedaanekdooti sest mina veel ei tea :(
Darius
Rändur

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas vanakaru 16:43 1. Sept 2005

nojah parim RPG on ikka RPG-7 -- tegelikult pole RPG-9-l kah väga viga
ekslik on inimene -kes arvab end elavat igavesti kui väldib võitlust
ei raugaeast leia ta eal seda rahu mis odade antud
vanakaru
muinasklubi Tarbatu päälik

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas Darius 18:18 3. Sept 2005

plz, kui keegi teab siis rääkige seda anekdooti
I am a world before I am a man
I was a creature before I could stand
I will remember before I forget
BEFORE I FORGET THAT!
Darius
Rändur

Kasutaja avatar

PostitusPostitas Starfild 11:57 4. Sept 2005

Kes on näinud John Cleese'i "How to irritate people" nimelist filmi/sketshikogumikku?

Üks võimalustest inimestele närvidele käia oli Cleese'i poolt sarnaselt välja toodud... Nimelt hakkas ta rääkima anekdooti. Suhteliselt paljulubav oli. Kahjuks poole nalja pealt keerati hääl maha ja jäi vaid suu liikumine. Ajas ikka närvi küll...

Siin kodanikud sama asja harrastavad vist ... :)
Starfild
Tähetäps

Järgmine

Mine Kuldlohe kõrts

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Bing [Bot] ja 2 külalist

© Dragon.ee | E-post: dragon@dragon.ee | HTML'i kontroll